Monday, June 1, 2009

Extraordinary Sun Meditation - Monday, June 1st 2009



I really want and need to observe the Nirjal Ekadashi fast on June 3rd.
I am going through a beautiful phase in my life now, I mean spiritually.... Imagine 24 hours of no food and no water! I think it will be proof that we can survive on Faith alone!

Often, my sign to observe a certain fast or perform a certain pooja is the fact that a few days before an auspicious event or religious festival, I start menstruating, thus preventing me from indulging in intimate desires of the body so that I can be 'clean' for the fast. This is how I know that I should observe Nirjal Ekadashi, and if I do, it will be God's Will and Strength.

I want to share with you an extraordianary meditation I had today, Monday 1st June 2009, which was a public holiday in New Zealand to celebrate The Queen's birth. This morning, while chanting the Hanuman Chalisa at my prayer altar, I felt the morning sun shining behind me through the window. Although my eyes were closed, I was overpowered by the light of the sun and changed my seating to face the sun. I had my back to the lamp (although I knew this was not acceptable) but the power of the sun drew me to it like a magnet. I continued my chanting of the Hanuman Chalisa, with my eyes open and taking in all the beauty of the sun. Then I closed my eyes, and just there between my eyebows, I could still see the sun as though my eyes had been open. I slowly opened my eyelids to make sure that I had shut them in the first place...what I saw next was breath-taking! The sun had seven rays, you know...like the way preschoolers draw the rays of the sun in their pictures. Has anyone actually seen the rays of the sun? How did we know about it as children then? The biggest ray I saw was at the bottom of the sun which was making contact with me....I mean I was looking at a ray of light coming from the SUN right into my face (or eyes). It was magnificent. I usually experience this Jyoti meditation when I'm looking at my lamp with eyelids half open half shut....you know what I mean. Anyhow, I kept closing then opening my eyes...the colours and shapes in and around the sun were breath-taking. It felt as though I was floating in space (our Solar System) and witnessing the power of the sun from close-up! Suddenly, I had a revelation that The Black Hole in Space is really our "Third EYE"....the EYE of GOD. Imagine that? Is that where our souls go to after death? An invisible eye? The Third Eye? Is it the Black Hole in the sky? These thoughts were going on in my mind when next I saw the outline of the sun burning a bright yellow light on the inside, then a ring of orange light around that and a ring of red light on the outer side of the sun. Awesome! Then there appeared a dark grey round shape spinning around either inside or in front of the sun, with just a ring of yellow sun shining around it. (Earth? Moon?...I wonder). Around the sun were rings and rings of hot colours, spanning as wide as five times the size of the sun. In my mind, I kept thinking I must paint a picture of these colours....
At last I finished chanting the Hanuman Chalisa, so I instinctively made salutations to the SUN and returned to my normal seating position, giving thanks and bowing in front of my lamp and Sai Baba's portrait. I continued with my reading from "The Book of Daily Thoughts and Prayers" by Swami Paramanda. This was the thought of the day on page 174.
June 1st:
Salient Thought for the Day:
Have Faith! It glorifies the life. It exalts it.
Lines to memorise:
It is the flame of faith that sheds light upon our life's straight and narrow path.
Faith, how oft thou dost come to my rescue as I stand in the dark corners of life, puzzled and helpless. O blessed Faith, Thy transcendent glow hath filled my life! Thy lustre hath brought me new sight. I shall walk now with the light of Thy holy sanctity.
Lesson:
What you need is a basis in life which will bring you upliftment, courage and resourcefulness. At no time do you need to feel lonely, destitute, devoid of help. All will come out right if you have faith. Faith always enriches the life and brings true understanding.
Prayer:
O Thou who art the source of all goodness, may I learn to work, worship and aspire with unaltering faith and selfless spirit. May I gain strength and vigor of mind, high inspiration and peace. May Thy holy peace fill my heart and life.
[The Book of Daily Thoughts and Prayers, Swami Paramanda, p. 174]

Thank you for reading my recount of this amazing experience. I pray that all who read this may feel the same power, faith and peace that I felt.

Love, faith and peace to you and your loved ones.

No comments: